Monday, October 18, 2010

Courage to be yourself!

Its been a while since I last picked up the guts and pieces to write after the weeks I have been through. Its been a learning time for me, a time to grow, a painful time, a time I almost lost any confidence in myself. A time where I could not do things I did before because I did not believe in myself enough to be able to do them again. I felt life pass me by but I did not care even a bit.
I felt so alone. Could not talk to the friends I used to because I just felt them judge me when I did talk to them.

I had hit rick bottom and I had lost all the will to fight!



However as the time passed by, I got to learn a few things.“Discomfort is a small price to pay for growth.”

Many women find it difficult to say “No.” So they keep saying “Yes.”
Some women hurt when they hear praise. They shake their heads and deny their worth.
Many women resist love. They are the caregivers, but they are afraid to be taken care of.
Sometimes a woman wants to get intimate, but she is held back by shame.
Fear, shame and doubt eat away at your self-esteem. Today, decide the course YOU want to take. Don’t always feel compelled to flow with the current.
Ask yourself: Who are you?”
Imagine for a moment that you are the main character in a novel. Ask these questions of that character. What makes her tick? What turns her on? What are her talents? What are her interests? What values guide her life?

The main character in a book evolves and grows. You must do the same. Get to know yourself and you too will evolve and grow.

Start by asking yourself questions about whom you are and what you like to do. Armed with this newfound knowledge you’ll feel confident in asserting yourself in new and more decisive ways.
And, your life will change – for the better!
As a woman you ought to Say “No” firmly and loudly when you need to. When someone praises you, smile gently yet proudly. Allow yourself to be loved and cared for. Take control of your intimate moments by deciding and expressing what YOU want.
Allow discomfort to wash over you and fade away. Do the things that you REALLY want and throw away the mask that has been hiding you. You can do it!

I cant say I am an expert but I am in a way better place than I was 7 weeks ago.
Its a decision you make and then act on it. To stand up for who you are, your priciples and your life!

Talk soon. Missed y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Feels awesome to write out something that helps for peope out there to benefit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were such a fabulous writer! Very well articulated thoughts! Keep those thoughts flowing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to find another good ugandan blog..visit by mine n follow if you like http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete