Monday, September 13, 2010

In the father's house

On the one hand there is the persistent memory of the past with its failures, hurts, shame, and guilt. On the other hand there is the revelation of the gospel that shows me who I now am in Christ. In so many of our lives, the voice of condemnation drowns out the voice of revelation. It is so much easier to focus our eyes on us than on the Lamb.

We become overwhelmed with the memory of our past rather than fixing our gaze on the robe, the ring, the sandals, the fatted calf-all symbols of our Father's grace lavished upon us. We walk down that dark road to find a corner in the servants' quarters.

Your journey to the Father's house begins with that first step of changing your mind about who you perceive yourself to beand who you truly are.

When you do change your mind about who you are, you will change you mind about where you live, moving out of the cold and isolated quarters of the servant into the warmth and intimacy of the Father's house.

Thats an inspiration I read today while trying to break out of a cucoon cycle of a terrible day.

And with that said I leave you with the quote:

"No body can go back and start a new beginning, but any one can start today and make a new ending! Today is the day I start my new begining!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you girl...keep keeping on! Show em what u made of...o yee child of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont believe it but u are a big part of how far I have come! I am blessed to have you in my life! I think u are God' s vessel for me.

    ReplyDelete